Do you use our mobile app?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you use the mobile app?

• Yes...I would probably not come here as much without the app.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yes...I only use the app.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes...I use both the app and the regular site.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Just checking on the mobile app...
  1. Do you use it on a regular basis?
  2. Which app...iOS or Android?
  3. Do you find your responses to be shorter when using it?
  4. Would you check on the site less often without the app (using our mobile site)?
Why am I asking?

Many of the features of the site do not work in the app...and they never will. We initially added the app because the mobile version of the site was terrible. Since we have switched to the new forum software (less than a year ago)...the mobile version of the site is very good...and fully functional with all of the site features.

I guess what I want to know is...

Do you all love the app?

I have an Ipad but I just access the regular site on it. I don't use the app. Is there a benefit to using the app over the website?

Just checking on the mobile app...
  1. Do you use it on a regular basis?
  2. Which app...iOS or Android?
  3. Do you find your responses to be shorter when using it?
  4. Would you check on the site less often without the app (using our mobile site)?
Do you all love the app?

1. Try to use app but does not work for Social Groups well, cannot link from Alerts to the thread.
2. iOS
3. Mostly respond from regular site.
4. No

I think I ONLY use the app... I have multiple apple products since I'm always on the go. Using it on safari or having to use a computer would probably cause me to not come on much. I don't have any major problems with the app-the only problem I found is the search function and I don't need that much anyway.

Added multiple choice to the poll.

Yes, I use the app, check it a couple of times most days.
Android.
Yes my responses are shorter but that might be a good thing. I don't post as frequently from my phone as I do from my laptop.
I would miss not having the app. The only thing I find even slightly bothersome is the social group issue but I can live with that.

I virtually ONLY go on the site via mobile ( no home computer)
Its android and absolutely fine!
Does crash a bit and have the message that it's not available and to contact administrator if problem persists. But fine really
I check in for reading new posts in morning and on work breaks and 2 - 3 times otherwise. So about 7 x a day for 3 - 5 mins a time?

For those of you have have not used the app...try it out. It is very fast and clean for what it does. The problem is that is only works for the most basic parts of the site.

Some of the issues with the app...
  • Search doesn't work
  • Social groups
  • I cannot get the in-app browser to log me it...I get an error
  • User groups (parent...gymnast...coach) are not visable
  • Site notices aren't visible
  • New user registration system is terrible in the app
  • No tags
  • No polls
Pros...
  • Fast
  • Easy to read on small screens (you can increase the font size)
  • Gives ChalkBucket a little app button on everyone's mobile device
  • Push notifications (these are not working on iOS correctly right now...but that is my fault...I need to update the app)

Does crash a bit and have the message that it's not available and to contact administrator if problem persists.

Tell me more about this so I can try and fix it.

I pretty much only use the app....so much so I get confused when I actually go online and try to navigate lol

Edited to add that it is iOS

I use both. I would say my only problem with the app (android) is that on multiple page conversations ( I know, but I talk a lot), it doesn't automatically go to the last post, so I have to scroll down through many posts to get to the end.

I use the iOS app. I like the ease of it, and the functions that do not work I rarely use anyway. I think the mobile app has a great interface, though, so I wouldn't be lost without the app. I don't own a computer, so I would be lost without one of the two.

I mainly use the android app during the workday but I tend to not post as much when on it. I prefer to use my laptop if I am posting (though ii am on the app now, posting so go figure).

Just a note - I am now able to see the category names in the app. I noticed it about 2 months ago. I was the one who originally complained about it and was thrilled to see them back on now.

As long as the mobile version of the site works well, I could transition to it easily. But I do like the easy of the app...

I like the app (android) and would it be useful for you to actually tell you (when I can get on again) that I had that 'contact administrator' message?

Btw the bits that aren't great on the app aren't an issue for me.
Apart from the one previously mentioned about not jumping to the most recent post when clicking on a thread previously accessed. (Not major problem)

I like the app (android) and would it be useful for you to actually tell you (when I can get on again) that I had that 'contact administrator' message?

Yes

I use both. I would say my only problem with the app (android) is that on multiple page conversations ( I know, but I talk a lot), it doesn't automatically go to the last post, so I have to scroll down through many posts to get to the end.

Try going to...

Settings >> Read Order >> First Unread

Or is that setting not working?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back