WAG Doc Ali?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We downloaded the "training your mind" which dd used. Dr. Ali had come to her gym and did a class and mental excersises with the girls so she was familiar with it in the download. Plus I was able to put it on her ipod for her to listen anywhere.

Did she think it worked/helped in conquer fears?
It did and now she has prayer and other coping strategies and even though higher level skills are scary to do - and they are, she is able to push through. She is your dds age and did level 8 last year so I probably hear what you do lol. Definately give the training your mind a try if she is open to it.

http://www.headgames.ws/82/head-games-visualization-cdgymnastics.html

Is this the same Doc Ali? Were these the CDs you were talking about GymMomof1?
DD is a level 8 and although she had her ff ff series, she said she has experienced two falls. One she said she bruised her back. I didn't notice a bruise. She is now not connecting her two ffs. I think her fear of falling again is the reason for as she says balking. She is young, and I just don't want her fear to go too long. I think it has been about three weeks since she experienced the second fall and has stopped connecting.
If these tapes have helped other DDs, then I would like to give it a try. She wants to do them she says. She just stops herself. But she can never put into words why...
Great post paige1027! I too wanted to know if Doc ali's tapes have worked for other DDs.

I've got 2 of these CDs for my DD for Christmas, I'm hoping they turn out to be really good. She doesn't have fears so much as a lack of confidence and belief in herself.

I got the download a few years ago because I could get it immediately and be able to put it on her ipod. She would listen to it at night or on the way to competition. She hasnt listened to it in awhile but For us prayer and talking the fear out with me helps to move dd forward and know she will be ok. Its worth a try. Happy Thanksgiving :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back