WAG Double twisting double layout

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymlover

Gymnast
What is the point of the double twisting double layout? It is the same value as the Silvas and it is way harder! Only 2 gymnasts are competing it at this point. Moors and Skinner. So why don't they just compete the Silvas instead? R they waiting for worlds to let it be named after them?

Many people don’t even refer to floor passes by the first person who competed them, so I don’t get the prestige behind being the first to compete the double twisting double layout at Antwerp, especially since it’s already been done by two people a few times. I don’t think Skinner has a good shot at Worlds this year, but Moors will definitely be there if she’s not injured. Skinner twists fast enough to secure a safe landing, though. I think the DTDL is breathtaking, as long as they’re ready and feel comfortable competing this skill. My only problem is, why are the DTDL and double twisting double back both H skills??? One is CLEARLY harder!

I agree! I understand for skinner because she has to H skills but I don't think moors has the Silvas too! I think that in 4 years (with the new code) it will be usfull because their can be an I skill but not right now

Victoria Moors does have a Silvas! It's very consistent and well exectuted, too. She has competed it many times, including this year's American Cup. The fact the Skinner does the DTDL and DTDB in one routine, though is just...INSANE. :eek:

Ahh okay. Never heard anyone call it anything but a double double haha.

There are H value skills in the women's code?! Jesus. We have G's but they're stupidly difficult. Triple twisting doubles, triple backs, etc.

That is insane! o_O Out of curiousity, are the G skills commonly competed? I'm sorry, I only keep up with WAG haha...it's mind boggling to think that 20 years from now, the value of these "stupidly difficult" skills will probably be downgraded.

You don't see them a lot in competition. There's very few people who can even do them and its always risky for those who can.

Although there is one guy, Ri Jong Song, that used to compete a triple double and (I think) a quad twist in the same routine. It's pretty crazy :p

And I agree, if you look back 40 years ago, you were dang good on floor if you competed a double back. Imagine what we'll see in another 50 years. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back