MAG El-grip credit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
I'm hoping there's someone on here with enough MAG code knowledge to resolve this for me. My DS is going to add a Higgins Roll to his routine. He does the Higgins roll swings around to handstand and does a hop grip change to reverse grip continuing to a front giant. He thinks that to get credit for an el-grip giant he needs to go around again and he's struggling with that. I don't see why after he's gone around post Higgins and hit handstand again, he hasn't completed an el-grip giant at that point. Can someone settle this debate?

I will be interested in this too. D was working this pre-injury. D said that all he had to do was get it back to handstand and it counted, but who knows..

The rules for FIG and JO are different on this one. First, the Higgins turn is in the long hang group. In JO, the "hop out" is given an A (JO exception) in the dorsal/cubital group and therefore fulfills the EG requirement. In FIG, the "hop out"is not an element and in order to get group credit the gymnast would need to do a complete el-grip/invert giant. In sort; for JO, Higgins, swing through the bottom and hop to undergrip (or hop to piro) = credit. In FIG you must complete an additional 360deg in eagle. I hope that's clear :)

KRC

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back