WAG Elite D Values - Have they changed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I was watching some "old" YouTube videos with DD from the 2008 Olympics (in particular Shawn and Nastia). One thing that surprised me was how high the difficulty value was for Shawn on beam and Nastia on bars. The commentator was saying that Shawn had a 7.0 D value on beam if she completed one skill. That's higher than what Simone has now (I think her highest D score is maybe a 6.7), but the routines don't seem that different. I know the Amanar difficulty was lowered since the last Olympics. Does anyone know if they made similar D value changes on beam, bars and floor? Scores seemed lower in the 2012 Olympics as well, and it just makes me wonder if the gymnasts were really better 8 years ago or just scored differently. Have they always had the limit on the number of tumbling value skills (I think it's 5 now)?

Yes, the Code of Points has changed since then so the values & skill requirements are different.

I think Nastia's loooong bar routine showcases how the routines are different now. There's no reason for anyone these days to do such a routine because only 8 elements count and the more extra skills you do, the more deductions there are. The same goes for Shawn's beam, IIRC - only in hers there's less of the "empty time" (and leaps and turns which tend to have more emphasis now) that we have today.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back