Embarrassed....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have never competed before, and I only feel comfortable wearing shorts to practice. Like I look really weird without shorts, and I'm not looking forward to competitions. I really don't know what to do. I feel really embarrassed without shorts just looking in a mirror really.... :(

However, there are 2 more things you may want to consider.
First- Although I don't really wear shorts, a few of the other girls in my gym (older than me) also had some issues adjusting to no-shorts. One thing they told me is that often, girls who feel embarrassed will pull their leotard down very low, making the bottom part almost flat. This often makes the wearer's shape appear a little strange and very bottom heavy. So don't pull the bottom down too low- then you will extend your leg line and the leo will look much more flattering. ( like I said before, I was told this by others, so I'm not sure, but I did try it and it makes sense.)

Second, the week before a meet, practice without shorts if you can, so you can get used to it and wont feel really self concious and keep fixing it. :)

Thanks for all of the replies!! I will do the practice without shorts a week before the meet, because that just seems like a good idea. :)

It's just a matter of getting used to it. ;)
Remember there is nothing like a gymnasts body. Very few people can jump around in a tight, long sleeved swim suite and look amazingly beautiful in it.
I also guarantee that you're the only one paying that amonut of attention to it. There are A LOT of girls with leotards running around at meets and any person worthy of being there, will pay attention to your gymnastics.
So go out proud and have fun!

Walk around the house wearing just your leotard. We are not allowed to wear shorts in my gym, but I felt really uncomfortable when I first went without them:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back