Embarrassment issue....(HELP)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't think I will ever be able to go to training in a leotard and shorts.... ( I normally wear leotard shorts and a t-shirt)

How can I become more confident with myself?
Anyone else have this embarrassment?​

Please just help!
I will appreciate it lots

I can totally relate to this and I promise you it gets easier. I am possibly the most self conscious person you will ever meet. I was particularly worried about my upper thighs when my coach brought in the shortless saturday rule where every saturday training we wore no shorts. This literally freaked me out. I literally freaked out and was in tears, full on breakdown which was rather embarrassing. I have constantly battled with body issues from since I can remember and it was a real push for me to even consider not wearing shorts. Strangely enough I was comfortable with a half top and shorts but no shorts was just unthinkable. So the first saturday came and I basically had to take the plunge and didn't even bring shorts to training. It was hard but now I am completely comfortable in no shorts with a leotard. I promise you get used to it, you just have to take the plunge for the first few times and then it becomes normal. Everyone is too busy worrying about their bodies to notice yours anyway - lets be honest.

Have you ever worn a bathing suit at the beach or something? Let's face it, a leotard covers WAY more territory than a bikini ever will, even without shorts! Trust me, I used to be the same way, and "No shorts days" On the workout before meets used to freak everyone in the gym, but we are used to it now. Just remember, A leotard covers more than a bikini, and about the same as a one piece bathing suit.

I had issues with not feeling comfortable wearing a leo without shorts and when competition came it made meets hard. I took a break from gym for a couple months last year for some personal issues and while I was out I decided that I wouldn't wear shorts at all when I came back. I haven't worn shorts since then for any workout and my self confidence shot right up. :) Idk why it makes me feel more confident about myself. But it's helped tremendously at meets--no nervousness for that reason atleast. That's what helped me.
I also like the swim suit point.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back