Parents Everething as an end !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Claudie, my daugther of 11 years old will compete for the last time in 2 weeks in the championship of Québec (Canada):cryingeyesout:. New school, new hours of school, time and money make us decide to stop her. She is not happy with this decision and i can understand, but she knows our reasons and she understand.

Claudie love the trampoline and we think that she will need to do sport and compete as well, so i talk to her coach and ask him if Claudie can perform in trampoline if she train 2 times a week.

He told me that Claudie is good on trampoline and that could be a real good option for her. Actually, her coach is still compete in trampoline and tumbling and he says that he is interested to coach her ! The club have no trampoline class, but he think that it could be possible to open one !

Now we have to know if Claudie want to try it !

So... are little girl who train 5 times a week (we cut one day this year, drop to 4) ! who love gymnastics is now learning that this is the real life and as to deal with it (it was not easy for us too, i cry alot !)

Everething as an end !

It is so hard to have to let go and move on, but one thing I know for sure is that every parent will have to go through their childs gym career ending. It is sad and you have the right to your tears. Claudie is very talented an no doubt she will excel in anything she does.

My own 13 year old is looking to move from wag to t&t next year. Less hours and less stress and a good chance at provincials. High school changes many things, time and commitment often change. Then there is the money, you are not alone in struggling with the huge costs. In our gym families are cutting back and quitting too.

We totally get it here, and we really feel your pain. Stick around and let us k ow how provincials go. We also have a few families here who have moved to t&t and stayed with us.

Sorry to hear that. Your situation has to be so tough. Just trying to relate... I had a hard time dealing with my youngest quitting this year but it was her choice.

Oh I feel for you! Try not to think of it as "ending" but as actually a "beginning" for your daughter to do other things. I know it is difficult (part of me felt very sad when my dd stopped doing cheerleading after 3 intense years) but I soon learned that there were so many other opportunities for her like gymnastics and ballet.

I often think if my dd never wanted to try gymnastics and she was still cheering, I would have never found the Chalkbucket and all you guys!!!

I hope her transition goes smoothly and I wish her lots of luck with the Trampoline!!

(((HUGS)))

Sorry that it seems that everything aligned against gymnastics for Claudie. I can only imagine how hard it is to juggle school and gym. Good luck to Claudie in trampoline! I am sure she will do great! My daughter has said she would love to do tramp and tumbling if she ever stops doing gymnastics. Stick around and keep us updated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back