Parents FINALLY the KIP!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
She is soooooo excited! HC and all the older girls were so sweet and happy for her. She smashed her foot on the low bar yesterday while doing squat ons, but still insisted on going to class today. She couldn't tumble, so she made the kip her mission today! So proud! :)

Thanks! So good to share with people who understand it! Her first meet is Dec 6 and I'm curious if she'll compete said kip....it seems this is a tough skill and kids often lose/regain it for awhile in the beginning?

Sce is right, at the girls last meet with 68 kids only my ODD and one other kid did the kip. DD has has been kipping for 4 months before hc thought it looked good enough.

Ok that's whats I thought you were saying. Here's my confusion: I didn't think you were allowed to to do the kip in level 3- I thought you had to do the compulsory exactly the same as the little video I'm sure we've all downloaded? For us it's a moot point because HC has her doing xcel gold until she can score out of 4/5, (controversial, I know) but just curious......

Ok that's whats I thought you were saying. Here's my confusion: I didn't think you were allowed to to do the kip in level 3- I thought you had to do the compulsory exactly the same as the little video I'm sure we've all downloaded? For us it's a moot point because HC has her doing xcel gold until she can score out of 4/5, (controversial, I know) but just curious......
I did not realize she was XCel, well that makes more sense then. As was stated above, there are a few things that can be swapped in the compulsory routines. The Kip can be used in place of the pull-over. It does not change the value of the routine though.

Thanks! yes, just curious....it seems the xcel levels cover a rage of JO levels? Some of the routines I've seen online look like she could easily do them and others look above her level...we'll see! Her goal is to get into optionals as soon as possible. Hopefully by next school year? All she's missing to score out of 4/5 (besides strengthening up this kip) is the front tuck, which she can do with light spotting. So again, we'll see! :)

Thanks! yes, just curious....it seems the xcel levels cover a rage of JO levels? Some of the routines I've seen online look like she could easily do them and others look above her level...we'll see! Her goal is to get into optionals as soon as possible. Hopefully by next school year? All she's missing to score out of 4/5 (besides strengthening up this kip) is the front tuck, which she can do with light spotting. So again, we'll see! :)
I imagine she's also missing some bar skills. If she just got her kip then the level 5 routine would still be quite hard for her. She needs to connect to the kip to other skills as well, as be able to do a baby giant and a flyaway.

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! The kip is a HUGE deal!! My DD just got hers a couple months ago now! Don't worry if she loses it for a bit... That's pretty normal from what I'm told (and from what my DD experienced!)

I imagine she's also missing some bar skills. If she just got her kip then the level 5 routine would still be quite hard for her. She needs to connect to the kip to other skills as well, as be able to do a baby giant and a flyaway.
Believe it or not, she's super close to the fly away! I feel like she gets skills in strange orders...she says she can do the free hip circle and the baby giant but I have not seen these things personally. She doesn't usually exaggerate though? I have seen her do giants on strap bar. But that darn kip....lol But we just found out tonight she broke her toe...:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back