Off Topic Finding Pants That Fit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Quadqueen

Proud Parent
I'm sure I'm not alone here! My DD has very muscular thighs and can't seem to get pants over them! When she can, the waist is usually too big. We just went through her pants to see if any will fit in the fall and almost all are too tight.

Does anyone have suggestions for stores/brands of pants that are still somewhat skinny/stylish but aren't too tight for our muscular girls? Because of course, she still wants "skinny" style pants.

My DD is 10 but already over 5', so she is bordering on size 14/beginning juniors sizes (which are usually too long because I think all adult pants are made for people who are 5'8", right??)

You can try apple bottom brand they may fit better and also try the petite section or buy them short instead of average length. I'm full grown at 5'0 and average pants never fit.

My DD stopped wearing jeans a while back and now wears legging and jeggins.

Good luck this is one of the most frustrating things for a gymnast

American eagle jeggings are great! They look just like jeans but they are stretchy enough to get over a gymnasts thighs. They even come in short, regular and long which makes them even better.

My DD has had a lot of luck with the Angel/Wallflower brand sold at Kohls. They make several skinny styles, which she still has to roll at the ankle, but it works. Also, the skinny jean at Aeropostale works for her. With any pair of jean, she has to wear a belt because the waste will be too big, but these brands aren't as bad.

Good luck!

Thanks, all! Flips123, she tried some jeans on at American Eagle recently but they didn't have the right length. We'll have to try again!

We went with Abercrombie jeggings last September after my oldest dd refused to wear jeans because it got to the point where she always felt uncomfortable in them. Now that all she wears for jeans is jeggings. Although she still always goes for the leggings and sweats whenever she can.

my DD really likes the Tractr brand. They have jeggings but also regular style jeans in very soft stretchy fabric. They look just like a five pocket jean but fit great, narrow through waist, stretchy in the thigh, super soft. they are a little spendy so she only gets one or two pair but she usually just wears gym clothes anyway so it works.

We have very similar issues with fit -- tiny waist, muscular legs (not big at all but also not good for skinny jean territory) and relatively short. American Eagle regular jeans (not jeggings) have worked the best. Would love to hear other options (especially for young teens)! Is there such a thing as a petite junior or are junior sizes shorter than regular sizes?

DD tried a size 00 at Vineyard Vines and Lacoste and the pants were literally falling off of her.

Finding trousers that fit my dd (7) is a nightmare, the ones that fit her legs do not fit her waist, she wears an age 6 trousers leg size and an age 2-3 waist size. You can buy trousers that have adjustable waists but I find that makes the wearer look like they are wearing nappies. Shorts are ok as she can wear age 3 or 4 at a push. My 10 year old dd has similar problems but she is not as slim as my youngest so she can wear age 5 that fit her waist and legs (she is the height of a 5 year old - 109.5 cm tall).

My youngest has a shortish body and longish arms and legs with broader shoulders and a tiny waist and hips. My oldest has short arms, legs and body and slightly broad shoulders.

I'm sure I'm not alone here! My DD has very muscular thighs and can't seem to get pants over them! When she can, the waist is usually too big. We just went through her pants to see if any will fit in the fall and almost all are too tight.

Does anyone have suggestions for stores/brands of pants that are still somewhat skinny/stylish but aren't too tight for our muscular girls? Because of course, she still wants "skinny" style pants.

My DD is 10 but already over 5', so she is bordering on size 14/beginning juniors sizes (which are usually too long because I think all adult pants are made for people who are 5'8", right??)
Not sure of your location, but you should try The Buckle. They have jeans for all shapes and sizes and heights. The salespeople will help you to find the 'right' fit for your daughter and then that fit will come in a variety of leg openings. Fair warning: Buckle jeans will run about $80 per pair, but I find the fit I like and the correct size, then go online and order additional colors and styles there.

Can your girls wear leggings/jeggings to school because they are almost universally prohibited in our school dress codes.

What do girls wear then? My dd lives in leggings, yoga pants and jeggings. Does your school have a uniform? DD's dress code basically only prohibits tube tops, bare midriffs and inappropriate/vulgar sayings on shirts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back