First L5 meet over and done ....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD had her first L5 meet this weekend, Judges Cup. We (myself, HC & other parent there) thought she did great. Scoring was pretty tough. Coupke ofnissies with deductions taken on floor that should not have been (unfortunately we can't 'go to the video tape' or professional photographer stills to get those points back !) taken but it is what it is.

floor score 8.625 for 5th place (of 10)

vault score 7.55 ouch. no place. HC thought score was a little low, but she has a lot of work to do on vault.

bars 7.9 ouch again. no place. needs to connecr skilks better, right now some connected, some not so much. legs came aprt on kip. thankfully her high bar kip returned from it's one week hiatus in time for the meet.

beam 8.4 no place. nothing major here, needs ro hold hs longer & stop bending her back leg in her leap.

all in all I am very happy with how she did. I don't think the scores really reflect her performance and she has improved so much in the last few months. looking forward to the rest of the season.

~CONGRATS~I think she is off to a great start! I think the first meet of the season is usually scored tough, and you will see her score go up with the next few meets.

Great start! My dd started her level 5 season with low scores (much lower than your dd) on bars and vault too. It was fun to watch them go up over the course of the season.

I will be pleased if my dd gets those scores closer to the end of the season (LOL) rather than the first meet! That is a great way to start the season - congratulations!

Those are good 1st meet scores! Congrats are in order!! And I see the long hang kip fairy helped ;) now remember that you promised to send her back!! :D

Judges Cups are SO tough! Congrats to her on all her improvement--even if the judging didn't show it!

Judges cups are for sure tough...and it seems the girls are often really nervous!
Great scores for a first meet! My DD struggled with vault too in L5. Will see if she has it figured out this year...
Congrats to her on getting through that first meet and placing on floor!

She went out and did it which is the most important thing. I bet as the season progresses you will see a lot of improvements. Good luck to her!

thanks everyone. we are looking forward to a great season. she was pretty nervous, and the only one from her team in that session, so she was alone which didn't help. We are so proud of her, she has worked so hard to get where she is, always a winner to us no matter what pkace she gets.

sounds like she had a great first meet!!! My DD has her first L5 meet next month...and doesn't even really know floor and beam routines well yet...I think I'm more nervous than she is :)

sounds like she had a great first meet!!! My DD has her first L5 meet next month...and doesn't even really know floor and beam routines well yet...I think I'm more nervous than she is :)

If her meet isn't until next month she'll be fine. Every season I am amazed how quickly they learn them. Good luck to her, can't wait to hear about her first meet.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Congrats to your dd! Great scores for L5 first meet. I've found that there is a big difference in scoring from L4 to L5. There is a much bigger emphasis on technique, connections, etc. Can't just DO the skills anymore. Great floor score for a first meet. Seems hard to believe that 8.65 was only 5th. Here most girls get much lower than that at the beginning of the season. Keep us posted!

I would be thrilled with those scores for my DD's first level 5 meet. Congrats to her!

WTG to your DD. She did great, esp for a first meet of the season. Im sure she will do great the rest of the season.

here is her floor routine.She got an 8.625. According to the judges sheet she was deducted for not going all the way down in her split, not enough leg seperation in her BWO, not going to flat feet on side sache' not rebounding FHS and misc bent knees etc.

http://db.tt/EXoahA4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back