First level 5 meet....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well yesterday was our first level 5 meet! My daughter was very excited and I was nervous. We started on vault and she was the lowest on her team. 7.75. She was not discouraged though and got a 8.225 on bars for 4th. Beam she looked really good and scored a 9.1 for 3rd. Floor was last with a 9.2 and 1st place. All Around was 4th in her age division with a 34.275. I was very proud of her and most of all she seemed pleased with herself!! Just wanted to share our good day!!

This is great. What wonderful beam and floor scores. Vault and bars are often tricky for new Level 5's...it took the whole season for my older DD to get out of the 7's on vault! ;) You will see those scores go up as the season goes on. Congrats to her!

Congratulations on a great first L5 meet! It is a big jump from L5 and her scores were great! My dd, too, took an entire season to get out of the 7s on vault but happy to say that she is now in the 9s. It will come. Your dd is off to a great start to the season.

Thanks so much! I was very proud of her. It is funny how when you see scores in the low 9's you don't expect anything placement wise but in these levels sometimes that is all it takes!

That is a great start to level 5 for her! I remember my kiddo's first level 5 meet, goal was to get all 7s and 8s, to get 9s is just amazing! She didn't see 9s on all the events until her 2nd year of level 5.

I was honestly very shocked to see any 9's! All the second year level 5 moms warned me that it was tough! LOL! The only thing that shocked me was her low bar score. She used to always do best on bars and never as good on floor! She has become obsessed with dance these days and although she has no formal dance training it is obviously helping! Vault is another story!

great first meet !!! my DD finally got out of the 7's on vault @ her last L5 meet - states !! her highest AA score all season @ end was just over 34 ! your DD did amazing !!

Vault will come. I recently menioned this on another thread, but my DD's first vault score at level 5 was a 4.8 (or something like that). PAINFUL to watch, let me tell you. By the end of the year, she was scoring in the high 8's, and this past weekend at a pretty competitive level 6 meet she came in first with a 9.3. See, your DD is starting WAY above where mine was, so the sky's the limit! ;)

Also, I was used to floor being my DD's best event (or sometimes it was a tie between floor and beam) but this year she struggled with her floor skills (front and back tucks, specifically), and is kicking butt at vault. It seems like the "best" event can change from year to year (and sometimes from meet to meet).

I think scoring in the 8's on bars at her first level 5 meet is amazing! There is such a huge difference between level 4 and 5 on bars (for one, it is actually "bars" and not just "bar").

Congrats to her on a great first meet!

I was not unhappy with an 8 on bars just because her routine looks really good thought it would be a little higher than it was. She is one of the only level 5's in our gym with a consistent straight arm kip and with her build she just looks really good on bars! LOL! I was very proud of her and even if she hadn't scored well I would still be proud of her. All of our girls work so hard and I am proud of all of them. It is funny how not only their favorite event changes but also what they are better at changes. My daughter used to score best on beam and bars but floor was her favorite. Vault has never been liked or been good at! Now my daughter is loving bars since she got her kip but is scoring better on floor. I am loving all of it! So much fun to watch them learning new skills and being challenged!

Sounds like she had an amazing first L5 meet. She did a greatjob. And im sure that vault score will continue to rise

I hope so! LOL! DD actually had a private to work on her vault because she was a bit scared of it. She seems a little more confident now so we'll see!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back