WAG First Level 9 Meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think that's great! But why do you do only floor and beam? I noticed too on mymeetscores that this is common.
Personally I only do beam and floor because I really tall (5'9") and bars was a real struggle and once at level 9 you can declare event specialty and still make it to regionals where I live, and vault puts a lot of impact on my ankles and makes them hurt a lot, it was just the better option for me so I could keep competing

That's good to know. My DD is really tall too, between 5'6-5'7 and she's only 12 1\2. She's a level 4 right now, but says she wants to stay.

No, we just did back-to-back meets - Crimson Classic and USA Invitational. How was the meet? I understand there was a concert during the meet.
It was good first year meet so very small especially with level 9 and 10 and yes there was a concert after the 8's and 10's on Saturday to benefit the children's hospital at Vanderbilt all gymnast got in free if you wanted to go. I didn't I ended up driving myself that morning so I could stay and watch my teammates after and I had to go before It got dark because it was on a college campus

I didn't realize it was the first year for this meet. I understand it is hosted by a judge rather than a gym, which I found unusual. Do you have another meet before Nashville Nights?

I didn't realize it was the first year for this meet. I understand it is hosted by a judge rather than a gym, which I found unusual. Do you have another meet before Nashville Nights?
We have 2 next weekend we have make it count and then a few weeks later we are going to Charleston, SC for the Charleston cup

We did it last year. The venue was brand new last year and is right behind the main drag in Pigeon Forge. I'd say it was a medium sized meet based on the number of gymnasts though the venue could hold a lot more. As I recall, they had 2 gyms set up on the floor. Scoring was higher than what we had been seeing too. Obviously I can't say that will be the case this year. LOL!

It looks as though it will be a bigger meet this year since they've added men and, I think, more gyms are attending as well. I believe you compete on Saturday with optionals, right? Give yourself plenty of time to get around. With it being Valentine's weekend, the traffic was horrendous. It takes forever to get up and down the main street. Our girls compete Monday, so hopefully it won't be too bad for the compulsory girls.

We did it last year. The venue was brand new last year and is right behind the main drag in Pigeon Forge. I'd say it was a medium sized meet based on the number of gymnasts though the venue could hold a lot more. As I recall, they had 2 gyms set up on the floor. Scoring was higher than what we had been seeing too. Obviously I can't say that will be the case this year. LOL!

It looks as though it will be a bigger meet this year since they've added men and, I think, more gyms are attending as well. I believe you compete on Saturday with optionals, right? Give yourself plenty of time to get around. With it being Valentine's weekend, the traffic was horrendous. It takes forever to get up and down the main street. Our girls compete Monday, so hopefully it won't be too bad for the compulsory girls.
Yes I compete Saturday at 1 with the level 7's again, we're going up Friday because we weren't sir how traffic would be the morning of,

Our girls competed Saturday last year and we did the same thing - went up Friday night. Traffic was horrible. Make reservations for dinner. We had a reservation at Olive Garden and still waited 45 minutes to be seated. Of course, we also had approximately 30 in our party. :D We didn't really have issues getting to the venue in the morning.

Our girls competed Saturday last year and we did the same thing - went up Friday night. Traffic was horrible. Make reservations for dinner. We had a reservation at Olive Garden and still waited 45 minutes to be seated. Of course, we also had approximately 30 in our party. :D We didn't really have issues getting to the venue in the morning.
My grandparents live in Knoxville and my brother goes to college at ut so we'll probably go out to eat all together near them so hopefully no wait time, if I get to chose were going to chedders

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back