Flip fest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastics24-7

Hey,
I was wondering if any gymnasts out there have ever gone to flip fest?
I am going this summer and have a few questions.

What is the "typical" meal?
What was the most fun thing to do while you where there?
Did it Improve you gymnastics a little or a LOT?????
Did you make really good friends??

Any other things you want to add would be great!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!:):p:D

:d

I just have to say that I went to Flip Fest last year, and cried when I had to leave. I'm going back in 8 days (YESSS!!!) to be there with three of my teammates and Olympic guest (!!!!!NASTIA!!!!!) for one week.

Flip Fest was the best time I had all last summer. The coaches are amazing, and so is the gym. Flip Fest does an awesome job of balancing gymnastics with other summer camp activities (Swimming, tubing, hiking, sport, etc). The counselor I had last year was super nice, and fun.

Here is a sample day at FlipFest--

7:45 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Morning training
12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Lunch/recreational activities/rest
3:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Afternoon training
5:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Dinner
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Recreational activities/open gym/rest
10:30 p.m. Lights out

As you can see there is plenty of time for practice and plenty of time for recreation as well.

Flip Fest has a salad bar and a lunch line that offers different and fresh food everyday.

Flip Fest Coaches will evaluate your skills and place you in appropriate groups. Then they will let you work skills at as high a level as you are ready AND willing to work. They want you to work the hardest skills possible, but will not push you if you are not ready physically or mentally (or you just don't want to).

I did improve a lot at Flip Fest, mostly on becoming more confident to go for things. The only slightly negative thing I can say is that it took me about a day and a half to adjust to their floor, because it was much less squishy then our gyms floor.

John Macready and John Roethlisberger's Flip Fest

Above is the link for Flip Fest and that will have almost all the information you need. Just click on it and it will redirect you to the Flip Fest website. I think It's a little late to sign up now, as almost all sessions are closed or almost closed but there still may be a few openings left.

~KyraGymnast~

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back