WAG Floor music length for 6 vs. 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wgymmom

Proud Parent
Okay, level 6 is 1:15 and level 7 is allowed up to 1:30. Could a gymnast use a 1:15 in level 7 and get everything in she needed to? Basically, if a gymnast competed both 6 and 7, could the same floor music/same cut get used for both seasons?

My DD is competing L7. Her coach requested music that is 1 min. or less. DD's floor routine meets that and she has a 10.0 SV with 2 tumbling passes.

Absolutely. Those are only maximums. I don't believe there is a minimum. For level 7, it's very easy to fit all the required skills into a routine of about a minute.

DD's coach always requests shorter music and only puts in the bar minimum of required skills to get the 10.0 SV. She does this because the more stuff that is in a routine, the more opportunity for deductions. It makes perfect sense to me, and DD is happier with a shorter routine as it takes less out of her in the stamina department!

As others have said, absolutely it can be shorter. In Xcel Gold, the maximum is 1:00 ... my YG's music is 0:39 and she actually gets all of her requirements in during the first 30 seconds... but I needed to allow her time to get to her "end position"! lol.

Our 6s and 7s use the same length music, 1:15, I believe. They will use that music and that routine for competing both levels which might be over the course of two years. Both levels do the same 3 tumbling passes, for the most part. It all fits just fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back