WAG Front Giant Dizziness

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

windydays

Proud Parent
DD has started working front giants and is getting dizzy doing them. I know there is a trick that ice-skaters use when they spin so they don't get dizzy. Anything for gymnasts?

My personal tricks with giants both front and back to stop myself feeling dizzy, is to spot things at each angle. I look for the bottom of the balcony windows when I'm in handstand, the end of the dismount mat when I'm between the bars, the ceiling rafts about 4m in front of the bars when I'm on the outside part of the bars and as I'm nearing / leaving handstand on the outside part of the bars I look for the top of the balcony windows.
I find having something to focus on helps. Might not work for your DD, but might be worth a try.

My personal tricks with giants both front and back to stop myself feeling dizzy, is to spot things at each angle. I look for the bottom of the balcony windows when I'm in handstand, the end of the dismount mat when I'm between the bars, the ceiling rafts about 4m in front of the bars when I'm on the outside part of the bars and as I'm nearing / leaving handstand on the outside part of the bars I look for the top of the balcony windows.
I find having something to focus on helps. Might not work for your DD, but might be worth a try.

Thanks, I will give this info to my DD!

I hope this works for her. A friend of mine tried this a few weeks ago, but found trying to focus on the giant itself, the wrist shifts, the correct form and spotting things made her even dizzier as she couldn't focus properly. Another one my friend tried was looking at her toes constantly. Starting in handstand and only looking away as you arch and kick back over. She found this worked for her. So if my trick doesn't work, maybe your DD can try this if she hasn't already.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back