MAG Future Stars Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

bucknut10

Proud Parent
I just heard from my sons coach, he just got back from regional camp, that my currently eight year old son (turns nine in September) is allowed to compete 10 year old futures stars, but is not able to qualify for nationals. Anyone else hear this? This was not the impression our coach got at the educational seminars and it seems like they are making changes on the go. Also, when are they releasing the information online????

That is a huge question. I think that some coaches have been going under the old assumptions, when 10 yo could compete as 11, and could qualify to compete level 8. I know that is all gone. But I am not sure about 9 yo competing as 10 yo this year. I know in the past they could go to nationals, but they may have changed that again. Of course, now that I look at the new age ranges ,a lot of those kiddos that did compete up were already really that age, just not that competition age :)

Odds are they will not release it to public online. But updates and clarifications will be made, hopefully soon for those that need to know.

Welcome to CB.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back