Parents Going on week 3 of the New Gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Leaving the old gym was VERY difficult.....it was like leaving home. If I think of the old coaches, I get teary just because they are such good people, and my kids were SOOOO safe and happy there.....the organization was a different story. We left because we always knew the program was limited because of how it is run ( within a larger sports complex).
On to the new gym! Much more conditioning. All the girls in my DD new group are training 5 and up skills and their strength is clearly higher. DD will need to catch up in this department as she is not a muscular girl to begin with. Skills, she is quite on par, maybe a bit more advanced. What I love about the new gym is that they see her do a skill, and immediately ask for the next one. The other thing is that there is NO DRAMA!!!! the girls don't argue with the coaches, there is no complaining, no endless chit chat, no fighting about the line. My DD seems to be pushed more by these coaches. I know a lot of it is still that she's new and does not want to upset anyone, but with that, she has conquered her fear of the FT off of beam, and some of her bars problems were fixed already....
Hours have increased and she is noticeably tired at the end of practice...she is still doing the 4 days per week, but that extra hour of practice time is tough. We used to spend that extra hour commuting to Old Gym which was 30 min away.
All in all a good move for me and my family. She should be able to go farther at this gym, with the facility, and the 6+ coaches.....
Seems much more professional. Owners work their butts off and are always available.
So the goal is, (stated by the coaches) score out of 5 within the next 3 months. Then onto either 6 or 7, depending on kid, for 2016. Sounds fine to me....as long as gymmie is happy and not too tired!

Sounds great. It will take her a good 6 months to build up the additional strength, but when she gets there the skill acquisition will be a bit easier. We are 8 months in to a gym change and also added hours/extended practice time. It does take time to adjust, but it is good in the end. Be prepared to support her nutritionally and calorie wise as she may require more "targeted" snacks to make it thru that last hour.

Glad it's going well overall!

That's so awesome! It gives those on the fence about a move a positive experience to look forward to. I hope continue to enjoy it and that your DD continues to progress.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back