Parents Good gym near Boston?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is your criteria for a "good gym". I know for me a highly competitive one wouldn't make my list no matter how many champioins they have.

But there is always Brestyans in Burlington (about 30 min outside of Boston)
I've never been there but I hear that Gymnastics Academy of Boston which is in Cambridge is suppose to be good.

Thanks for your reply, I will look into those gyms. My kids are little so I guess I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Lol gymnastics is completely new for me!

Its hare to say what is "good" as what program will fit your kids and lifestyle will be different for everyon. We were at a highly competitive gym and it just didn't fit the way my dd was . so now we area at a less competitive gym but she is thriving there. The best thing you can do is go to your local yellow pages see what gyms are around (how far you would be willing to drive in the snow will make a difference too) give them a call and go and visit them to see what they are like in person. I've seen gyms that are suppoesed to be really great but I didn't like the way they taught and it wouldn't have been a good fit for DD or the family.

The one thing I do know is if everyone is saying that gym is awful - it usually is awful by anyones standards

So do a few visits.

You should also google the gym name and reviews to see what other parents are saying.

Hello, new here and looking for gym suggestions. Any good gyms in the suburbs north of Boston?

depends on how far north of Boston you live and what you are looking for.

As GymBee97 said, Brestyans is north of Boston and highly competitive.
Gym and More, Yellow Jackets, Tumblekids and Wilkeys are all north of Boston. Again, not sure where you are located, but these are some gyms that seem to have large teams at meets and do well overall.

I am right next to Boston but was trying to avoid a gym in the city because of traffic/parking issues. Thanks for the suggestions :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back