Parents Grip sizing help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
Dd was told to order grips for this coming season (and to start wearing now to break them in) we have size 000 Hotshot grips.Her coach says they are too small, but when I measure her hands, from the tip of her middle finger to her wrist, I get 5" (the measurement for 000). Is it likely that we got duds or should I simply order the next size up (or two sizes up). The difference in measurements is 3/8" and 7/8".

Ask your coach what size you should order. The coach can have her try on a few of her teammates' grips if it seems like there's something odd in the sizing versus the measurements. We just went through this for high bar and rings grips for DS, and his coach said he was probably a size 1 but had him try on a couple of teammates' grips and checked the fit himself just to be sure.

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1432301307.578400.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1432301327.944677.jpg

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1432301353.876548.jpg

I took these this morning. Do the measurements of the grips look right?

Would need to see a photo of the grips on the hands. There was a thread a while ago about how to do this -- palm out but also a side view, I think.

If your coach says they're too small, I would just order the next size up. They will stretch a bit, so I wouldn't go two sizes up.

Ask your coach what size you should order. The coach can have her try on a few of her teammates' grips if it seems like there's something odd in the sizing versus the measurements. We just went through this for high bar and rings grips for DS, and his coach said he was probably a size 1 but had him try on a couple of teammates' grips and checked the fit himself just to be sure.

I am lol. D is a 1!

The dowel should hit the last joint at the middle finger with the fingers just barely bent. Is that the brand that your DDs coach specifies? Just order the next size up if so. The grips generally stretch out quite a bit. Can't help you as far as the finger holes. All off DDs grips, the finger holes have been quite small when purchased, we have to drill them out.

Yeah, the kid whose grips fit DS best is literally more than a foot taller than him. What can I say? He's built kind of weird. But that's not ALL my fault!

The dowel should hit the last joint at the middle finger with the fingers just barely bent. Is that the brand that your DDs coach specifies? Just order the next size up if so. The grips generally stretch out quite a bit. Can't help you as far as the finger holes. All off DDs grips, the finger holes have been quite small when purchased, we have to drill them out.
Yes, she specified hotshot buckle. I have heard good things about other brands and am not opposed to trying....but that's what she said to buy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back