Parents Grips...again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
I posted a few weeks who asking for feedback on the whole grip thing for dd. The general consensus was that they were in fact, too small. Dd's coach and an optional coach told me they were too small as well.
We ordered the next size up, even though she is within the size range for the smaller pair. I'm so frustrated, because these (to me) look like they're way too big! These are hotshot grips. Are there any grips out there that would fall just a little smaller than hotshot buckle grips?

I've attached pics of the new grips on her hands.

I'm totally okay with her NOT using grips now but the gym starts all girls in grips at level 4

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1432846936.321123.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1432846949.204679.jpg

I'm no expert but 2 things: first how far down her wrist is she wearing them? It looks to me like the wrist band is up onto her hand and the grip is right at the base of her hand, I believe they should sit a little lower. Second, I think the finger holes are sitting too low on her fingers.

Has her coach shown her how to wear them?

She has made a few adjustments, but her coach had her wear these for all of bars plus a private and they seem to be okay. She had to wear the rubber bands to hold them on her fingers, but otherwise no issues.

And I agree about the wristbands/fingers but I think she just has really tiny hands and it looks like the wristband is on her hand...but it's not :)

THEY ARE TOO BIG. could somebody find the other thread with the great photo and i said they fit perfectly? thanks, i can't find it. :)

The ten 0 gecko grips work great for my 6 yo gymmie. Coach recommended. They have small sizes. She is wearing a 00. Does the gym have loaners ??

The gym doesn't have loaners. These are 00. I kind of feel like she is between sizes right now. Her hands are teeny tiny.

My dd who is 12 just went to a "0". The actual measurements said she should have been in a "0" from the start but they were way too big.
We have gone down one size to what the measurements are. And she's the one that came to me and said her grips were now too small.

Have you tried pixie grips? They have them at Ten-o. The measurements work well. Didn't think we could find anything small enough for my dd's tiny hands & the 000 actually worked!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back