gymnastics at YMCA any chance of making team or pre team?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
I am 13 almost 14. I've heard from threads the coaches won't offer me a spot on the team because of my age. I'm taking a beginners class that is way too easy. I have most basics and did it when I was five for a year. Then I did tumbling for three years. Now I'm doing tumbling and gymnastics. Should I not sign up for the next summer gymnastics session if I can't make team? I'm working on BHS in my tumbling class.

It shouldn't matter if you can make team or not. Gymnastics is fun at any level/age and even if you don't get as far as others that doesn't mean the sport won't be fun for you.

I had my beginners class today, got my first rip and it stings. and I have pullovers down. and she said she wanted to see my back walkover because I'll need it for team! I guess I might be headed towards team!

I think you should sign up for the summer session! The coaches will see you're working hard and you'll get better. All progress is good progress. If they think you're too old for team, maybe consider switching to another gym? If it's something you're really interested in, I think you should go after it. I started gymnastics at 14 (after doing rec gymnastics on and off for about 3 years) and I did the Prep Op (now called XCEL) team. It's a good option for girls who start late. Keep working hard! Best of luck to you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back