WAG Gymnastics books

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has read any interesting gymnastics books lately. Here are some I've read so far that have been fantastic.

Andreea Raducan- The Other Side of the Medal
Dominique Moceaneu- Off Balance
Bela Karolyi- Feel no Fear
Jennifer Sey- Chalked Up
Little Girls in Pretty Boxes
Nadia- Letters to a Gymnast

I know that's a lot already, but I wanted to see if there were any others that I've missed! I extremely want to get my hands on "The Secrets of a Gymnast" but I can't find it for a reasonable price.

Thank you!

This is old and out of print - but a couple of years ago I got a copy on Ebay for my DD. It was published in 1978 -
A Very Young Gymnast by Jill Kremetz.

It follows - with MANY incredible pictures with superstars in the sport like a young Nadia, Kurt Thomas, Bart Connor - what life is like for a young girl in NYC who is quite an accomplished gymnast.
And she truly is VERY accomplished participating in an international event, and she dreams of making the US Team (though ends up with a diffferent career as one can easily Google afterwards).

This author did a wonderful job of other Very Young athletes in different sports ..... the version for horseback riders is now back in print and is equally as wonderful. They are geared toward younger kids, but any gymnastics fan would LOVE the book.

A Very Young Gymnast: Jill Krementz: 9780394500805: Amazon.com: Books

My daughter, who isn't one to really sit down and read a book just for fun, read the Gabby Douglas book cover to cover and loved it.

I got Shawn Johnson's book Winning Balance for my birthday and I loved it! I also read A Very Young Gymnast in about third grade and I loved that one too.

I just read the Gabby Douglas book, and enjoyed reading it. I love how honest she is about the homesickness she went through, and how she almost quit gymnastics.

I also really liked Shannon Miller's mother's book, My Daughter, My Hero (something like that). Really interesting perspective, well written, and I learned a bit about gymnastics.

I have to join in recommending Gabby's book. My daughter is not a foracious reader, but she finished this book in 2 days. She really enjoyed it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back