Parents Gymnastics Camps and Costs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

meeeshymoo

Proud Parent
My daughter is off to Easter Camp in a weeks time. This is held at her gym so she will be a non resident and will get a reduction in fees due to that.

Camps do not seem to be popular here in the UK, however I notice from a lot of the threads that there are many in USA. I am curious as to how they compare.

My daughter will receive training from 9.30am - 5.30pm Monday through to Friday. Thursday night is party night with all the girls performing for the parents, not necessarily gymnastics, anything they want to really. The camp attracts gymnasts from other European countries and is a really enjoyable, but extremely intensive week for the children. It is very competitive with children earning stickers for their performance on the apparatus, there is a daily 'winner' for most stickers attained and an end of week prize also.

The cost for this if you were booking in as a resident is £250 which is approx $375.

I am wondering how this compares to camps run in the US, both in terms of cost and training ?

x

Our gym's camp from 9-5 M-f Includes a sleepover is 350.00 in the summer. I wish they offered one during spring break. That would be a great thing since States is the following weekend.

Gymrep and IGC are the two camps that my girls have gone to. They both cost about the same as your camp. But they both offer an outdoor rec programme eah afternoon as they are located on lakes in the countryside.

Sounds like your gymmie will recive a lot of training for the money, and that translates into a whole lot of fun. My girls just LOVE camp!

Thank you both :)

Bog the outdoor rec program sounds fantastic, my dd would absolutely love that !!. At the summer camp they get to go swimming in the lido located next door to gym. Not quite the same as it is absoutely freezing !! still girls enjoy it.

Here is a link to the summer camp that is in Quebec. Gymrep Accueil It is a lot of fun!

Maybe you can bring her over here and you can visit us! Quebec is an amazing holiday destination.

I think any camp where they get to do some swiiming will make the girls happy. My kids once did a club day camp programme and they went to a pool with a diving board everyday and they LOVED that.

The outdoor gym camp is fun, but it can be a bit chilly when it rains for a few days, all part of the adventure though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back