Gymnastics magazine for a young girl?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momofthreegirls

Coach
Proud Parent
My DD turns 7 at the beginning of Dec., and is beginning to enjoy reading independently. I think she may enjoy a subscription to a gymnastics magazine. I know there are several choices, but I was wondering which one might be best for a young girl.

Also, suggestions for other gymnastics reading material would be appreciated. I have most of the books from "The Gymnasts" series from the 1980s, but haven't read them with her yet (they were mine back in the day, lol!) I saw a slightly more recent series "Junior Gymnasts" on e-bay, but have never read them. Anyone have any input?

Thanks!!! :)

I know my DD would love a book about gymnastics because we just finished "Ivy and Bean" book 1. It had a sneak preview of book 2, which included a "Gymnastics Club" and cartwheel contest. DD was thrilled. I have never seen her so into a story line.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought about gymnastics magazines for my DD (7), I'm sure she would love it if there was something suitable for her age.

We bought a lot of "The Gymnasts" books and she loves them. We also have one of the "Junior Gymnasts" books, which she also enjoyed.

For the magazine I would say either the USA gymnastics one or inside gymnastics. I have had both and they are good.

I believe my DD gets the USA gymnastics magazine as part of her USAG membership? Correct me if I'm wrong. She only gets it 2 or 3 times a year but I know we did not sign up for a subscription.

You do get the USA Gymnastics magazine w/ membership- and I think they have "fan" memberships as well. Look on the USAG website.

Inside Gymnastics and International gymnast are 2 great magazines- the reading might be to hard for her now, but she will LOVE the pictures!

About the junior gymnasts books, I liked reading them when I was younger, especially because they were really realistic. The skills that they were doing fit the level that they were in perfectly. In one of the books, a girl struggles with a mental block. The books touch upon things that could happen to anyone, which I guess it good. I just thought they were good for young children, and definitely entertaining. Nothing too special, but worth the read. :)

We have all 6 of the junior gymnasts books. My dd (age 6) loved them! I found each one on amazon. They were a bit tattered as they were previously owned but so worth it because it's hard to find stuff about gymnastics. I'm sure she will read them over and over again especially when she gets to level 5!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back