Gymnastics Myths

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone!I was talking to some people in class the other day...and i heard some really weird things about gymnastics...One guy thought that all men that did gymnastics were gay (we all know this isn't true!!)I was wondering if any of you guys had heard any crazy(even funny:D) things like that!

Hey everyone!I was talking to some people in class the other day...and i heard some really weird things about gymnastics...One guy thought that all men that did gymnastics were gay (we all know this isn't true!!)I was wondering if any of you guys had heard any crazy(even funny:D) things like that!
Sadly, that is how it's viewed in much of the states while in Eastern Europe and Asia, boy gymnasts are seen as national heroes. I don't know how that comes about. Maybe it's the leos. I don't know.

I have heard a lot, but one I found particulary interesting the other day was about health and eating. I know that there have been some eating problems in gymnastics, but I was talking to my friends mom the other day, and both my friend and her were just so shocked that I could eat normal. They were stunned that I hadn't heard of any cases of anorexia at my gym. I know it's an issue, but they make it seem like all gymnasts starve themselves!

I know i hate that !they think cus were skinny we have problems !i mean come on pepole you dont go calling football players staroid crazed dume dumes!jk jk lolzzz.but i know what you mean .

Lets see Ive heard that Men gymnasts are gay, girl gymnasts have eating disorders and never grow, parents give up thier kids to the gym when they go to optionals, gymnasts are robots, gymnasts are stupid because they don't really go to school. gymnastics is so easy anyone can do it

yea iv heard those too. people say cus im in gymnastics thats why im so short. one kid at skool at lunch called me anerexic(sry if i spelled that wrong) bcus i wasnt hugry that day and just got a snack. and also alot if the boys at skool think that bcus im a girl and i can flip they can too.

Can't really think of many off the top of my head, but I have of course heard that gymnastics stunts your growth! (It's not that you get picked for gymnastics because you are naturally small or anything ;) )

Lets see Ive heard that Men gymnasts are gay, girl gymnasts have eating disorders and never grow, parents give up thier kids to the gym when they go to optionals, gymnasts are robots, gymnasts are stupid because they don't really go to school. gymnastics is so easy anyone can do it
So, I can't figure out which one of these sayings is not true. :D

yea iv heard those too. people say cus im in gymnastics thats why im so short. one kid at skool at lunch called me anerexic(sry if i spelled that wrong) bcus i wasnt hugry that day and just got a snack. and also alot if the boys at skool think that bcus im a girl and i can flip they can too.

Can you please use full words instead of the text messaging short hand?

*kid from my class* but isn't that true??

Yeah every one thinks that male gymnast are gay when male gymnast are like the strongest out of all sports well besides body building. But untill this year I had never heard or met a gay male gymnast, but this year at school there is this guy in my class and he is a gymnast and cheerleader and he is gay but he is awesome :) hahah But besides people saying that gymnast are anorexic alot of people think that if you aren't short and majorly skinny that you can't do gymnastics which is not true because i'm not either of the two. You can't really understand gymnastics unless you've done it and not just like oh level one when you were 3 but like atleast team. People used to be like what level are you and I would say like 5 and they would be how many levels are there and I would say 10 and then you go elite and they would be like oh so your half way there and im like no, not really.

My favorite is the pervasive belief that mats/chalk/grips/a spot are magic & give the user supergymnasticpowers.

My favorite is the pervasive belief that mats/chalk/grips/a spot are magic & give the user supergymnasticpowers.

SHHHHHHHHH! don't tell my DD that. She is a chalk-A-holic and I just know that chalk gives her supper gymnastics power LOL

Gymnastics really does stunt your growth because as soon as I quit gymnastics I grew a ton! One of my friends thought that we put flour on our grips ahaha

Gymnastics really does stunt your growth because as soon as I quit gymnastics I grew a ton! One of my friends thought that we put flour on our grips ahaha

lets see in my area most girls seem to quit gymnastics right around age 13 - HMMMMM that wouldn't have anything to do with a natural growth spurt LOL. to quit and then grow LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back