WAG Gyms in and around Columbia SC

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2littlegymmiesmom

Proud Parent
So nothing is set in stone yet but DH is exploring some job opportunities that could take us south. Right now Columbia SC is a top possibility. It's only in the tentative planning stages but I'm doing my Research just in case. Anyone have any recommendations? We would definitely be looking to live in or around Columbia. I looked up some gyms and their scores on meet scores but would love to hear from anyone who has any advice. Thanks again.

We are from SC, (about 2 hours from Columbia) and from what we've seen in competitions, Lake Murray Gymnastics and Carolina Gymnastics Center in the Columbia area both have teams that are excellent and score well at all levels. However, I don't personally know anyone who attends these gyms. I would recommend calling them both and seeing which is a better fit for your family once you move. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks. Those were actually two I was looking at. We are going to take a trip down at some point and explore the area before we make any concrete decisions. I just wanted to have a couple that we could check out when down there. This is all well down the road, maybe a year or so but I'm a planner and want to do my homework before we make any decisions. Thanks again.

We lived right outside of Columbia for less than a year. We moved there from Iowa. My dd was in preteam and 4 years old. We tried a bunch of places that had gymnastics and ended up at Columbia gymnastics. If I could do it over I would've went to lake Murray gymnastics or palmetto athletic center.

Is this for rec or team? That would make a huge difference. Also, what side of town were you looking to live? Drive times could make a difference.

It's for team. I currently have a level 4 and a level 7. We don't know much about the area yet. A friend lives on Lake Murray and others have mentioned the Lake Carolina area.

Lake Murray Gymnastics
Chapin Christian Gymnastics
All Star Gymnastics
Brussels Gymnastics
Carolina Gymnastics Center

All different - depends on what you're looking for!!

We lived right outside of Columbia for less than a year. We moved there from Iowa. My dd was in preteam and 4 years old. We tried a bunch of places that had gymnastics and ended up at Columbia gymnastics. If I could do it over I would've went to lake Murray gymnastics or palmetto athletic center.

Sorry I meant Carolina gymnastics, not Columbia. We did old level 3 there. Several girls there we knew lived in lake Carolina and liked it. It's close to cgc

So nothing is set in stone yet but DH is exploring some job opportunities that could take us south. Right now Columbia SC is a top possibility. It's only in the tentative planning stages but I'm doing my Research just in case. Anyone have any recommendations? We would definitely be looking to live in or around Columbia. I looked up some gyms and their scores on meet scores but would love to hear from anyone who has any advice. Thanks again.

Sent you a PM.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back