Hairstyle! Will I be judged by teammates and coaches?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GB_Gymnast

Gymnast
So at the moment I wear a ponytail to the gym, I have always wear a ponytail, never ever anything else.

However, at the moment I am growing my hair out, and it is getting so long that I am frequently getting whipped in the face and eyes by it, which is very irritating, of course.

I want to wear it in a bun, messy or a mckayla maroney bun, or even just a normal neat bun.
What do you think I should do, and also I think I might be judged by my teammates and coaches, like they will think I am trying to be someone I'm not, or something silly like that, also my sister goes to my gym and is in my group, and I feel she would be like "you don't actually need that," and things, she can be very degrading.
Xx
I need help! <3

I have absolutely no idea why the gymnasts/coaches would judge you because you wore your hair in a bun instead of a ponytail. However, if they ask you, say your hair was too long for a ponytail so you wore a bun instead. Hope this helps:)

did you misstype missgymgirl and accidentally put missy girl lol:)

Haha yes I did! Autocorrect!
One question,
How do I make you like get notified of my reply? Do I tag you somehow or do you just see it? Thanks x x x

What do you mean you mean like how do I get notified of your reply?

Yeah, like do I tag you like people do in instagram? Sorry for all the questions, this is quite hard to work your way around when I'm new hahaMx x x

Well you can either follow me, of if I reply to your posts, it will show up in your alerts.

You click on the person's name, and at the top there will be a Follow button. Click that, and you will be following them.

Let me tell you a couple of things I did this year. I went in:
-combining a green leo with pink shorts
-wearing my light blue pyjama pants, the one with the cute teddy bears
-with this hairstyle: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/school-girl-funny-hair-style-10663310.jpg
-wearing vampire teeths (don't get clever ideas, wearing vampire teeths to practice is a privilege of the coach who doesn't plan on flipping with them)
The gym should be the one place where you're only judged on your qualities as a coach/gymnast/teammate.
Who are they to tell you who you are and who you're not? The only person to decide that is you.
So if you feel like getting dreadlocks..get dreadlocks!

dude, wear whatever you want. If people are being rude, just tell them "it's the new style". ;)

I think that wearing your hair in a bun is a good idea because it will not get in your way. Just explain this to anybody who asks. In my club, we all have to wear our hair in a bun, even for practices.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back