Handstand to straddle handstand to straddle sit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast_bre

On floor - we have to get up into a handstand, then change to a straddle handstand, then lower down to straddle sit. I practice against the wall and I can do the handstand to straddle handstand, but when I lower down my feet just hit the ground instead of sliding outward so I'm in a straddle stand, except my hands are still on the ground. Any help with this? Thanks xx

Sounds like either your split isn't good enough (or you don't have the strength to hold your legs in enough of a split to clear the ground), or you maybe aren't leaning your shoulders over your hands enough, or both. Hard to tell without seeing it though so maybe you could post a video of it? And I'm sure someone who can actually do a press handstand will have much better advice than me :p

To do a straddle-L sit you simply have to be able to do one on floor first. A good assistance drill is straddled leg lifts and a straddle L hang on bars. A harder version is a leg lift to inverted stalder hang (upside straddle while hanging).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back