Parents Have you ever seen . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
This weekend I noticed just before my daughter was about to compete bars a teammate stepped onto the mat to talk to the coach. immediately followed by another gymnast that decided to step onto the mat and "dance" behind the coach. My daughter saluted -they were both still on the mat - one child walked off - the other did not. This is level 7. They are not new or young.

Thoughts?

I'm honestly a little peeved. Have you ever seen anything like that?

At level 7? Seems surprising. There was one girl on DD's Level 4 team that was just out of control at meets. She'd be jumping around climbing and making a scene while girls were trying to compete on beam. If it were up to me, she wouldn't be allowed at meets, but she scores well, so I guess that makes up for something as far as the coaches are concerned. She's a major distraction at practice as well. One wonders whether she could be really good if she could get herself to focus a bit.

I would expect a report like that for L3/4, but at L7 thats just not acceptable. I agree with gymmomtoo---the coach needs to talk to the girls.

Thanks - Glad to see I'm not over-reacting. It didn't affect DD - in fact she scored her high for the season and she didn't realize they were there. So annoying - especially when I watch the video. They were disrespectful. I've never seen them or anyone do that before. Just glad that she didn't loose points because of it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back