healing/preventing rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, so almost everytime I go to bars I get a rip and my old ones just get more irritated. I don't know why my hands rip so much. So, I need some things I can do to heal them and prevent them. Thank you!

p.s. I do use grip. Even with grips, I rip.

As far as preventing them goes, in my experiance grips and some athletic tape are your only real options. For treating them, just put some neosporrin or vasseline on them. I also believe they make some 'spray on skin' for things like that.

I put either a bandaid or half a sheet of a paper towel on my hand then wrap it in sports tape. When I get rips anyway, right before I go to sleep, I rub Preparation H on my rips and put a sock over my hands.

My DD's coach recommended using Lanolin (you can find it in the baby section at your local Walmart near all of the bottles, etc - nursing moms use it) She puts it on at night before she goes to bed and by the next morning it has done wonders and she is ready for practice again.

There's hundreds of threads on this site about rips, so I'm sure if you searched it you'd get a lot of results as well. However, I use tea bags, neosporin, bag balm, and vitamin E.
I'll use a tea bag the day before practice and it works well to dry out the rip so its not soft flesh being exposed. Neosporin I put on every night then wrap my hand with athletic tape or put a sock on it, and keeps its clean and heals them pretty quickly too. Bag balm I only use if my rip cracks, and that moisturizes it well and the crack heals. And I personally don't think vitamin E works, but my teammates do so sometimes I give it go by pouring some on the rip and covering it. Hope I helped!

I mix the 'goop' inside vitamin E softgels with a little lotion and rub it into my hands each night. It seems to help, but if you have soft hands I wouldn't recommend using the lotion - my hands are always really hard and dried out.

I use a little bottle of vitamin E oil. You don't need to use much, and it seems to help with old rips that dry out and get crusty (and then rip AGAIN).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back