Healing rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flip out

:confused:Hi all, could you give me some sound advice regarding how to take care of rips, and general maintenance/upkeep of the palms so as to possibly avoid the rips? I read something about preparation H? do people really use this?
THANKS!!

Never heard of preparation h--maybe I should have my daughter try it! She uses tea bags on her rips. I know she cuts away hard callouses too--so they don't end up ripping.

I used teabags and slept with socks on my hands- a good tip is to put clingfilm over the rip before the sock so you don't rip off the new skin when you take off the socks :)

I swear by Vitamin E oil, it works so well and so quickly.

What you do is take Vitamin E oil (can be found at CVS and I'm sure other grocery/drug stores) and you put a generous amount on your rip and put a sock over it before you sleep. If you think that the sock may come off during your sleep, put a rubber band or hair band around it.

When it comes to showering with deep rips, I'd say use NewSkin. It stings really, really badly, but once it stops stinging, you can go and take a shower and not have to go through the sting from water and soap. When you apply the NewSkin, blow on it. It helps it dry faster and makes the stinging a little bit less painful. :)

This past fall, my daughter used to get a rip about once a week. It was horrible! Someone suggested that she start putting Preparation H on her palms everyday (almost like lotion). Since then, she has never had a rip!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back