WAG Heel cups for tiny feet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sminty

Proud Parent
DD has very small feet for her age (little kids size 12-13). I got her Tuli's cheetah cups in XS but I think they may still be too big. How snug should they be? Does anyone make a smaller version?

My DD had the XS size cheetah cup too when her foot was that size, so it should be okay. She moved to the Small size when she was about a 1 to 1.5 shoe size. As long as it's not moving around a lot where she could hurt herself it should be okay. Its more about the cushion than being really snug IMHO.

My dd has the xs and it's working fine for her. She's also between a 12-13. Since getting it, her heel hasn't hurt at all while doing floor & vault, so I'm guessing it fits fine.

I think it does need to be snug around the heel though. If they slip within the heel cup while landing, it can put them off balance. My daughter got new ones yesterday in the next size up, and while it is a little loose around her ankle, it's snug around the heel, so should stay put.

My dd used the cheetah cups but her foot was a bit larger.

I saw a thread about this a while ago and someone suggested x Braces.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1441326036.658062.jpg

Not sure if that would work but I thought I would offer them as a fall back!

Good luck!

Best relief for Kipper was when her coach taped a gel in-sole to the bottom of her foot. We were pleased with the Cheetah, but this was even better. It might work for your kiddo's tiny feet.

Thanks everyone for your responses. We finally saw a sports doc today and got the Sever's diagnosis I suspected :(

She thought the cheetah cups were too big and recommended a silicone gel heel cup/pad instead (for her shoes, not the gym). So now I am chasing those down...I like the gel insole idea though!

Thanks everyone for your responses. We finally saw a sports doc today and got the Sever's diagnosis I suspected :(

She thought the cheetah cups were too big and recommended a silicone gel heel cup/pad instead (for her shoes, not the gym). So now I am chasing those down...I like the gel insole idea though!

Dd was diagnosed with severs. Luckily it passed fairly quickly. She wore her tennis shoes in the gym when it was really bothering her!

Good luck! Hopefully it will pass soon!!!

My 9 year old has Severs too. She has a fat or wide foot so she hates her cheetah cups because they rub the top of her foot, but she still trains in them for tumbling and vault. We love the x-brace though. She wears them everyday during school. She had a pretty bad flair up at the end of the season last year and our doctor recommended that she wear good supportive tennis shoes all the time. It was a bit of a struggle this summer, but no flip-flops/sandals or bear feet seemed to have really helped!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back