Hello from CT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello everyone! I am new here but found this site when I was looking around online for some info for my daughter. I was a recreational gymnast as a child, purely due to the fact that my parents couldn't afford for me to do more. I had the skills and the love but lacked the funds. :-( I have always loved watching gymnastics and that is how my daughter fell in love.

When she was two I flipped on a competition on TV and she stopped in her tracks and sat for the two hours watching it. From that day forward she kept asking to do "nastics". We didn't have the funds at that point and wanted to wait till she was a little bigger as well.

She turned three the end of September and she started that November and has been doing recreational classes. She wants to move up to the team and compete so we will see where the road takes her.

She is now six and we are hoping that she gets bumped up from the recreational classes to the twice a week classes that are basically prepping the girls to be in the team. Right now she has a young first year coach and I tried to talk to her about what we needed to do to help her get there and she wasn't receptive at all so I am going to talk to the Girls Team Head Coach and see if there is anything additional I can do to help her get to where she wants to go.

She goes to as many extra clinics as our schedule allows and if she could be at the gym daily she would! She is a wee bit in love with gymnastics. ;-)

So that is our story!

Welcome to the Chalkbucket! We have many parents like you on our site. Please feel free to read around our site and join the parents group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back