Hello!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! My name is Jenn and I have a daughter named Kaelyn who is 5 who has been in gymnastics since she was 2. She is currently on what they call "petite Elites" I'm guessing it's a sort of "pre-team" type class. It's invitation only for 4-6 year olds and from what I understand most of them move on to Level 4 after this class. Anyway, we started off at the YMCA when Kaelyn was 2, she stayed there until she was 4. She was invited to a birthday party at a gym I didn't even know existed about 20 mins away from where we live. It was absolutely gorgeous compared to the YMCA, all brand new equipment and their staff was very professional and friendly and great with kids. Our YMCA has a sad excuse for a gym and honestly I questioned how safe it was even and I was really wanting her to go somewhere else after many of her teachers kept telling me she had a lot of natural talent and it seemed like Kaelyn really wasn't getting anything out of the class she was in anymore. She started getting bored at the YMCA and I decided it was time for her to move on and see what she can do! We have been at our current gym for about 8-9 months. She started off in a regular 4-6 year old class. After about a month the coach she had asked me if I'd be willing to put her in an advanced class. She was in that class for 4 months until it ended in the summer. Then she was invited to be on the Petite Elites. So she is doing well and it's exciting to watch her learn new skills. It amazes me how quickly these girls learn! I'm hoping she is able to be a Level 4 and start competing next year as she turns 6 in Feb!:)

Welcome to the chalk bucket! Sounds like you have a talented lil gymmie on your hands! You will find lots of helpful advice here. I have two on team and there's never a dull moment in our household! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back