Hello :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a mom to a 9 year old gymnast. She's painfully shy and has never showed an interest in any sport until last December (2011), when she saw her cousins doing handstands and was determined to be able to do one herself. I signed her up for a rec class soon after and pretty much had to bribe her to go (even though I saw a sparkle in her eye when she talked about it). She's never looked back. She started preteam in June and yesterday was her first work out with the lv 4 team :) I never imagined Gymnastics would become her life when she started, but it's all she ever wants to do. She has just grown so much independence and self confidence. We're just so proud of her.

Welcome to the Chalkbucket And congrats on your dd making team! Competitive gymnastics can be a fun, crazy mixed up ride, so hang on to your hat! My dd is also 9yrs old and on team, and I have a ds who just turned 12 and competes, too. In fact, his first L5 meet is this weekend and my dd's first L7 meet is next Friday. Is your dd competing this season? Good luck to her!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back