Hello.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stillgotmyleotard

Trainee Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Hi this is my first post here, having found this forum and spent the past few days poring over the posts. I can see me spending a lot of time staring at my computer.

I have a daughter aged 11 who has been doing gymnastics since she was 7. Unless you count the years she spent beforehand, upside down and trying to do stuff, in which case she has been doing it all her life. She trains 6 hours a week in a development group and competes occasionally but the group doesn't work towards any levels or grades.

Due to hypermobility issues, we didn't start her early and so she will not be blazing any trails in the gymnastics world but she has some solid skills and a genuine love for the sport. She always tries hard and feels proud of herself every time she puts on her club tracksuit and, for that reason, she will always be a champion in my book.

I'm very happy to have found this place and I look forward to making friends with more people who don't think I'm insane because I run my life around something that is important to my girl and spend whatever money is left on leotards. Nice to meet you all, thanks for reading.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

I'm still poking around the site, getting acquainted with the layout and the rules (and the unwritten rules, which always exist). I have a week off work this week so all of you are already complicit in making sure all the things I mean to do won't get done.

See you all soon.

Hi, I am from the uk as well, my dd like yours is in some sort of development group with girls aged 7-10, this is a new group that only trains once a week for 2 1/2 hours, no competitions yet or levels or grades either, they do loads of conditioning and Beam and Bar work and that is it at the moment. I am hoping that the group will get an extra day to train soon as one doesn't seem enough.

Heya. My daughter does two hours in the gym, three days a week. She would love to do more but contents herself with conditioning at home. The group she is in do train on four pieces but only compete floor and vault. I'd say easily a third of their time is spent on conditioning.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back