Help!!! Backhandspring step outs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Delia4

Gymnast
Please help! I have a very hard time doing backhandspring step outs. I jump pretty hard(although I am not the most powerful). I have been told that my legs bend at first (I guess to separate faster?). I can kind of feel it, but don't know how to fix it. No matter how hard I try to split my legs as soon as I leave the ground, it just doesn't happen. I do eventually hit a split(I think). I am pretty flexible. I think I put too much pressure/spend too much time on my arms. I also kind of have a problem landing. I don't wait to put my first foot down before I take my hands off of the ground. I hop to my foot. I don't step very close to my hands either. I've managed to kind of improve my landings but I still need help. Tips appreciated:)

Starting on the floor do a back handspring onto a soft but steady small height. Try stop in your split handstand bring legs together and roll forwards. If you are splitting to late this will be very challenging.

Starting on the floor do a back handspring onto a soft but steady small height. Try stop in your split handstand bring legs together and roll forwards. If you are splitting to late this will be very challenging.
Thanks for the tip:) I will try tomorrow at gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back