Parents Help! Removing stain from mystique leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

suebee

Proud Parent
Dd just got a new mystique leo and was wearing it while eating and spilled enchilada sauce on her leo.

How do I get it out? I've washed with water and used a little hand soap, but the stain is still there. It's fainter, but still there. I don't want to ruin the fabric, but want to get the stain out.

Any suggestions?

Did you hand wash or put it in the washing machine? I've found a short cycle on cold doesn't ruin mystique. I just turn it inside out and use a delicates bag.

Reactions: COz
Mystique is ALOT tougher then most people think. I've been using it to make synchronized swim suits for the past 6 years. To keep the colours from running once the suit is done- I have always prewashed the fabric in my washer with a tiny bit of regular detergerent. Usually on delicate cycle and warm water. So i totally agree with both the above - your machine and a small amount of detergerent should take it out!

The only thing I have found that ruins the finish on the mystique fabric are 1. Soaking in hot water ( not done by me ;)) 2. Accidentally being put in the dryer ( also not done by me ;)). And 3. Using too hot of an iron while doing the applique work on a suit ( yes this was me- but it was truly the thermostat on the iron died!:()

Hmm. I normally turn her leos inside out to wash and hand wash with gentle detergent but still have found the mystique to either lose some color and/or shine. That's why I'm trying to be careful.

I did use some woolite but the stain is still there. Lighter, but there. Ugh.

Dd just got a new mystique leo and was wearing it while eating and spilled enchilada sauce on her leo.

How do I get it out? I've washed with water and used a little hand soap, but the stain is still there. It's fainter, but still there. I don't want to ruin the fabric, but want to get the stain out.

Any suggestions?
Dish soap. But do it form the back to breakdown the oil from the sauce w/o damaging the sparkle of the mystique.

The only time I've ever had a problem with mystique was when I accidentally put it on a hot wash.

I accidentally put one of DD's lovely dark purpley-red mystique leos in a hot wash once. It came out literally looking like I had burnt it black!! Oops...

But yes, was totally fine on a cool wash on delicates cycle and in a bag.

Reactions: COz
Once we got mustard on white mystique. It was yellow mystique after that.

It wore off over time, but never actually came out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back