Parents Help! - Video Montage Songs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Another Gym Dad

Proud Parent
I know I dont post, like ever, but I need some help and my DD is not helping all that much.

Currently working on the end of year video for our annual banquet. I do it every year and every year I struggle with the music. It needs to be appropriate for the girls (7-17) and also fun and preferably something more their style than mine, which means fairly recent.

2013 music: Heart of a Champion (Big Hit Buda), Firework (Katy Perry), One More (Superchick)
2014 Music: Roar (Katy Perry), I Fly (Hayden Panettiere), Counting Stars (One Republic), Get Up (Superchick)

The video is going to be about 20 minutes long at this point so I need at least 5 songs, but more is better. I have a full recording studio so mixing is not an issue.

Thoughts?

These are a bit older:
Girl on fire
Titanium

What about style by Taylor swift? This really isn't my forte either, but commend you for giving it a go!!! Good luck!

I had to decide between what I would like and what they would like.....haha. We went with Shake It Off by Taylor Swift and Roar. Something I added this year was at the start of the video, each kid started it off by saying why they liked gymnastics. At the end, they all thanked their parents for something specifically. It turned out REALLY cute.

I made a video for my dd's team this year and I used Hall of Fame, Best Day of My Life and On Top of The World (in addition to some already mentioned songs).

Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay)
Hall of Fame (Will I Am/The Script)
Good Life (One Republic)
Try (Pink)

My dds have been loving the new song "see you again" by wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth, "titanium" is also a really good song to use, we also like "girl on fire" but that is Avery over used song

Based on recs from another CB post, I used Heroes (Alesso) and I Lived (One Republic). I also liked Alive (Krewella) but couldn't fit that in.

Kind of off topic but I'm going to ask anyway- Obviously OP is a professional but does anyone have a recommendation for an app or program for making a slideshow? I am using imovie now but having problem with using vertical photos...sorry to hijack

best day of my life. It's a bit old but great for a slide show. See you again is big right now, but now sure it totally fits, as it's about parting ways...

Kind of off topic but I'm going to ask anyway- Obviously OP is a professional but does anyone have a recommendation for an app or program for making a slideshow? I am using imovie now but having problem with using vertical photos...sorry to hijack
I use Pinnacle Studio for making the banquet videos. It's got a lot of fun transitions and menu themes. Kind of hard to figure out but well worth it if you make a lot of them

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back