Hi! Newbie here with two kids in gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

HI, everyone! This looks like such a fabulous place to get some great information and to keep all in perspective. :rolleyes:

I have a 5 year old girl (6 in February) who is pre-team, about to join level 3, as we are preparing to change gyms for her, and an 8 year old boy staying at old gym and training for level 4 competition in December 2012. We are at 2 different gyms because my daughter's new gym doesn't have a boys program and my boy's gym has such an intense girls' program with "made-for TV drama" that I thought it might strip the fun out of it for her--I didn't think her bubbly, interpersonal, affectionate type of personality would match well with the coaching there. ;)

My 8 year old has battled undiagnosed chronic Lyme Disease since he was 4. He's making leaps and bounds and we are SO proud to see him work his way onto a team from not being about to run across the Lacrosse field without sitting down halfway. It's been part of his healing process to get involved in gymnastics. It's been a life saver, to be honest.

My daughter has been in gym for 3 years and is ready to move up to 9 hours/week in March, if all goes well. We shall see and take it one step at time and enjoy it thoroughly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back