WAG Hockey elbow pads for heel protection?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dynamicduo

Proud Parent
Our HC just told my girls to buy pads for their heels to protect them when learning release moves on the bars. I can't find any specific to gymnasts but saw on old posts that some use hockey elbow pads or volleyball knee pads? Seems like the volleyball ones would be softer but do they need the extra support from the plastic in the hockey ones? Anyone have a preference? Thanks!

Our HC just told my girls to buy pads for their heels to protect them when learning release moves on the bars. I can't find any specific to gymnasts but saw on old posts that some use hockey elbow pads or volleyball knee pads? Seems like the volleyball ones would be softer but do they need the extra support from the plastic in the hockey ones? Anyone have a preference? Thanks!

My dd uses the hockey ones with the plastic and the outer material was already ripped from i,pacts after 2 months. I suggest going to the sports store and having her try on a few to find the ones that feel the best. Also because it's fun to watch the expression on the staff faces as she puts them on her heels!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back