Hours and costs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
The posts in the main forum got me thinking :

How much are us UK guys paying for gym hours ?

Is yours a sliding scale, do you get discount for more hours ?

Thanks

'Margo

At our gym the recreational gymnasts pay most per hour. 4+ hours pay 25p per hour less and so on. Our squad pay the least per hour.

I'm not sure about the rec hourly rate, but competitive gymnasts pay a monthly fee depending on the number of sessions (sessions not hours) a week. So much for 3 sessions a week, so much for 4 and so on. The fee maxes out for elite path gymnasts after about six sessions and doesn't increase even if you're training full time. It's basically a case of 'this is your fee, and this is the minimum number of sessions you are required to attend'. There's a big discount for siblings of squad gymnasts.

Same, the rec groups and playgym sessions subsidise the squad fees. Just as well really as I don't think anyone could afford squad otherwise !! Comparatively I think UK probably cheaper than US

hmmm - our rec fees are quiet reasonable and we get a discount ( currently 12%)for over a certain number of hours - makes gym quite expensive here

Youngest dd's rec sessions cost me £48 per month (2x 1 hour per week) and eldest dd's development classes cost me £41 per month ( 2x 1 1/2 hours per week), eldest dd is also doing 2x extra practices per week during the holiday's which cost £5 per 2 hour session.

I was curious after speaking to some other gymnasts at the weekend. My daughter is Grade 2 acro (being moved up to grade 3) and trains 12.5 hours per week over 4 days. Our fees are only £50 per month. I know that our school gets lots of funding from Sports Scotland and the National Lottery as well as the local authority. Her gymnastics club is by invitation only (with most of the kids being spotted at the rec classes). Am I right in saying that these prices are very cheap?

Our club maxes fees after you train 10 hours or more per week at £100 p/m. DD trains roughly 18-20 hours per week and therefore that's what we pay.

Frase can we move to your club please. Ours depends on number of hours. We are 50%+ subsidised by rec. I would think that it would also depend where in the country you are, coaches will get paid a lot more in the south east than in Scotland.

Sorry to rub salt - we are southeast! I think our rec fees are quite high - they were £8ph but think they may have increased to £10.

So it does seem that we are very fortunate then. It is an excellent Club my DD is at and has a very good reputation. I do believe that the fees are meant to be increasing to £80 PCM soon though. I do think though for 12.5 hours per week that is very reasonable. Floppycat what roughly would you pay at your club for 12H per week?

We are about to get our yearly bill but I think 12.5 hours is around £100 but I'm not sure as it's all a bit opaque. There is a cap which I think we are about to reach but it is higher than £100. I do know why though, maybe I will suggest putting rec prices up as they are full with huge waiting lists but they do want to make rec affordable to many so it's tricky.

Our girls doing 9hrs pw pay about £1.39ph. It increases/reduces depending upon the number of sessions. Rec pays more....about £4ph I think. The more senior elite you are the less ph you pay....some are paying less than £1ph.

My daughter does 9 hrs p/w and I pay £50 a month that includes insurance too . The more hours she trains the lower the rate x we are in wolverhampton x

Since replying to this thread a while ago both of my dd's hours have change slightly.

Youngest dd - 5 hours a week -£49.50 a month - £2-47 a hour or £1.98 a hour depending on weeks in a month.

Oldest dd - 3 1/2 hours a week- £41.00 a month - £2.92 a hour or £2.34 a hour depending on weeks in a month

Rec - 1 hour - £27.00 a month - £6.75 a hour or £5.40 an hour depending on weeks in a month.

We have to pay our gym fees on the same date every month and British gymnastics member ship fees are included in the gym fees.

The more hours you do the cheaper it gets, Rec is by far the most expensive.

Cost per hour varies a lot in our club

Rec - each session is just under £5, insurance is extra for all gymnasts

Youngest - 6 hours per week works out at £2.46 per hour

Oldest - 9 hours per week works out at £1.66 per hour

Max cost for those doing the highest hours ends up as under £1 per hour.

10.5 hrs a week averages at about £1.35 ph. Insurance and Affiliation fees not included.

I think that is pretty cheap! Your rec sounds cheap too. I am sure ours is more than £4
Ours pay per hour until they reach a cap.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back