WAG How do they come up with this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
I was just on mymeetscores and on our gym's page, it has the list of girls from my gym that is on the "gymnasts on 2015 Americas top 100". How exactly is this figured out, because one of the girls on that list hasnt even qualified for states yet, as mine has and shes not on there.

Im not jealous or a CGM, but it just boggles my mind and I would really like to know what they use to come up with this list.

I'm pretty sure it's just based on numerical scores, ranked. So they have top scores on each event and all around. You could compete only bars, but if you get a 9.8, you will probably end up on the top 100 list. Even if you didn't qualify to States.

Plus, it restarts each calendar year, so scores are lower to get on it. As others have said, it doesn't mean much since most scores don't even make it to MMS.

Not to mention one states 9.0 is another states 9.5. Of course for those parents who are out to vicariously win the level four Olympics through their child this data is crucial. The information will be held on a pedestal when Suzie is #1 and judged for inaccuracy when Suzie slips.

I just noticed that some of the scores seem really odd. Like there are 7.5's on the top 1oo- when that's very doubtful. Our last meet alone had 12 kids score over a 9.3 (same level). So I'm thinking that there is a glitch or it's too early in the year to really make sense of it. Loved seeing my kiddo's name up there last year- I know it means NOTHING and she is not going to the olympics nor is she a phenom- just cool to see that her scores were pretty okay! Maybe as time goes on they will get back to what we would expect to see.

Since it is the beginning of the year, many gyms have not even competed yet. So, you'll see girls in the top 100 with very low scores. However, I think there must be a glitch in the system because there are girls that have higher scores than those listed in the top 100 that is not on the top 100. It will probably correct itself soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back