Parents How do you qualify to regionals? (Level 7, TX)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
We have our level 7 state meet this weekend and was just curious how many girls qualify to regionals? Is it per age group, or top scores in all age groups?

Each session is divided into smaller age groups each with approximately 17 girls. For example, tomorrow night is Jr A1, Jr A2, & Jr A3.

Is this new this year? Last year my daughter age group was much larger than 17 ....she placed 30 something in her age group.

Even though the there are sub age groups for awards, I believe the multiplier is applied to the entire age group for regional qualification, so 46% of all Jr. A's would qualify (not 46% of Jr. A1,2,3 separately). That's how it was for TX L8. Not 100% sure that is how it's done for L7, though. Hopefully, someone else will chime in.

Even though the there are sub age groups for awards, I believe the multiplier is applied to the entire age group for regional qualification, so 46% of all Jr. A's would qualify (not 46% of Jr. A1,2,3 separately). That's how it was for TX L8. Not 100% sure that is how it's done for L7, though. Hopefully, someone else will chime in.

In level 8 this year, girls qualified in the sub-age groups. Last year for levels 7&8, they just had large age groups with no sub-divisions.

In level 8 this year, girls qualified in the sub-age groups. Last year for levels 7&8, they just had large age groups with no sub-divisions.

Good to know. They should qualify in the sub-groups for L7 as well then. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back