WAG How does your gym handle meet payments?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
We are in the process of improving how we handle meet payments and registrations for our gym for next season. How does your gym handle meet payments? Do your parents sign up and pay for meets as they are due, are the meet payments figured into the gym monthly fee, do you pay installments, etc.? And, do you run the payments for meets through the booster club or through the gym?

Payments go through the booster club. Right now our booster club makes enough money yearly that we can pay all meet fees for all 2nd year and later gymnasts (first year on team you pay your own meet fees as the money we make one year is spent the next--so that first year on team, the family hadn't help make any of that money--does that make sense?)

But, when we didn't have enough money, we sent out notices for each meet with money due by a certain date--and we still do that for the first year people. We now won't register a girl for a meet until the meet fee is turned in (had some trouble with people not paying in the past).

We pay as we go to our booster club. We post each meet when it is due but strongly encourage everyone to pay early. You kind of have to anyways since they are almost always due at about the same time. We try to give our parents a rough estimate in July and most fees are due by Jan.

We don't have a booster club nor are any of our meets optional.

In August the gym holds a parents meeting. There we are given the meet schedule and payment schedule. Everything is broken down into sections:

Apparel fees
Meet fees
Coaches fees.

Meets are broken into 2 payments due in October and November.

Coaches fees are 2 payments per month from December thru March

Apparel fees are due in September.

It depends. Some meets our booster club pays for (LOVE those ones :)). Any other ones our coach/owner lets us know when she needs the meet registration by. Coaches fee's work the same way, only she lets us know when they are due after the meet is over and has caculated them.

Oh--we (the booster club) calculate the coaches fees and figure that into the payment for the meets--so it's not two separate payments for families (the ones paying anyway). I forgot we did that until people mentioned about paying coaches for the meets!

We pay through the gym as our booster club isn't big enough to make the payments for us. I'm so envious!

We make payments over the course of several months based on our level, meet participation, and apparel needs. These payments include leo, warm up, bag, meet entry fees, and an estimation of coach's fees. If our payments don't cover the estimated coach's fee, we get a final bill that covers those.

Our gym has an escrow account for each girl. We pay into it during the summer and that's what the meets are paid with. There is one set fee for local meets and one for out of state meets. It's a little extra to cover some coaches expenses. You have to give the gym 6 weeks written notice if you aren't attending a meet. I like it so much better than the way our old gym did it. We went through the booster club and then everyone had to pay a set coaches fee. You may or may not get any of that back depending on how many kids went.

In early May, they hand out a meet schedule for the fall, then they break down the payments. It isn't the same amount every time, but it roughly is, and it is all itemized on the sheet of paper they give us. We make payments on the 1st and 15th of each month through about the middle of August. We also, of course, can pay for all of it, or any remainder, at any time before that date.

At the start of the season we are given a list of the planned meets and the date that payment for the meet is due. The HC e-mails out the final price of each meet as they are coming up (team fees are figured into this; but no coach's fees). Coaches' fees are paid as part of the salaries.

We have a quota that is due either through fundraising or payments by State. It covers meets and coach fees.

Our Booster Club pre-pays all the meet fees as they are due, then we are sent a bill via email each month. I usually just write a check for $100 here and there and drop it in the box and keep an eye on my balance. I think if you get really behind the fees then they might keep your daughter out of the meet, and I know you have to be completely paid up by the end of the season to go to the awards banquet and get your award/trophy etc.

OUr gym has an escrow system set up and it works well. WE pick our meet package based on the girls level and pay that amount from August to February. Any leftover is returned to us after escrow closes after final meet. These escrow payments are seperate from monthly tuition payments.

We are similar to what others have said....we get the meet schedule at the beginning of September as well as our estimated fees for the season. We pay through our booster club either the full amount or in 3 monthly installments. I know that the booster club pays all meet fees ahead for the registered meets so the girls don't get shut out of a meet.

I think coach fees are paid by the booster club but I could be wrong...I forget details on this.

Some years the booster club pays for the leo (usually when it's a new one for the next few seasons).

At the end of the season, we are given a statement of our balance or if we owe anything (generally less than $100 either way!) and we just roll it over to next season..

The only fundraiser our gym does is our yearly invitational but it raises enough money to cover team parties during the holidays and the end of the season as well as occasional speakers etc for the team.

Since our booster club is separate from the gym, ours is a bit different. THe coach puts out the schedule with entry fees, etc. Then you can either write booster club on the form and turn it in (then the coach bills booster club for everythign) or you write a check. Fairly simple.

When the meet season starts, prob in July we will get a schedule of the meets The schedule will include the fees, locations if they are available, and the drop dead due dates.

The meets last fall were every month, with the exception of a few that were every other week.. ughhh

Then the State Meet for my DDs level was in December last fall... looks like this year it is also Dec.

Coaches fees are calculated after the meet. Depending on the cost of travel, hotel, time, day of meets, that will determine our coaches fees.... blah blah.

Our fall meets are required for my DDs team level, this winter there was 2 optional meets but we did not attend them. I think actually only 2 girls on the team did.

We pay monthly fees, which includes all meet costs, training, coaches costs for meets, etc. The only thing separate are travel costs if meets require an overnight/travel, and Leo's. Everything else is built into our fees.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back