Parents How far do you travel to your gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

floppycat

Proud Parent
We are thinking of moving gyms but it involves a much longer commute. How far do you travel and how many times a week?

Used to be 20-30 min's each way depending upon traffic -- that was when we had one gymnast going 3x a week. We have moved (for different reason, not for gym) and luckily now our gym is 10-15 minutes from our home and 10 minutes from school. We have 2 gymnasts now in elementary school with class 5 days a week each, we are at the gym every day but Sunday, and different starting and ending times. One is done at 8;30 pm 4 nights a week and I can't imagine how hard it would be if we lived farther away.

The gym is a 15-20 min. drive each way from our home and about a 10 min. drive from the school. DD goes 3 weeknights and 1 weekend morning (4 hrs each practice).

Our gym has 2 locations and team girls practice at both.

Mon/Wed gym is 15 min drive with traffic.
Tues/Fri gym is 30 minutes away.

15 miles door to door, 25 mins all year, except for the 6 week summer break when it can take up to 45 mins, 4 x a week. Hubbie does Monday, Car share Tuesday, I do Friday but come home as she is there longer and I do Saturday

On the way there it is typically 15 minutes, but the way home is more like 45, and sometimes up to an hour. We live just outside a major city, so traffic jams are very frequent.

40 minutes or so.... Next closest gym would be 1 he away... But then again, I live in the sticks and everything is far away! I'm used to driving... But it does make for some interesting scheduling issues... :/

20-25 min with no traffic and anywhere from 30-60 min with traffic. I know that others travel further but this is at the limit of what we can deal with.

Gym is about 15 minutes away, but we carpool so it takes me about 30 minutes to round two other girls up and get them there. We carpool four nights a week (so I drive 1-2 nights) plus I drive there or back Saturday (with another carpool.) I'm totally spoiled:D! We are in heavily populated area so gyms and carpools are readily available.

90 minutes one way. I'll make the drive three times a week starting in a couple weeks with the fall schedule. My two team girls go twice a week each and my rec girl goes once a week. I schedule as much overlap as possible to minimize trips. We would like to move closer, but it wouldn't be just for gymnastics.

Our drive is 20-25 min. usually shorter time on the way there and longer on the way home since we hit 5:00 traffic. We are there two days a week right now.

I travel 45-50 minutes each way 3x a week. We aren't allowed to watch so I have to entertain myself for 4 hours at a time which stinks. Honestly I don't think I will ever get used to the drive. We've been at this gym since the beginning of the summer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back