WAG How many inches is the lowest vault setting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

95cm is allowed at Xcel, at least in Silver. Not sure about Gold, but I think the Xcel Code just makes a blanket statement that the VT can be set at any of the manufactured settings (maybe there was an update I haven't seen?). Though I'm not sure why you would want it that low past Gold, and even then just for a little one.

My kids aren't that little, but they've struggled with vault once we move it up to the table. On advice of a poster here, we turned the Level 3 vault stack sideways and they've been vaulting on that. It has helped SO much. We're going to continue with that for a couple of weeks, but I was just wondering the height difference once we moved up to the table! Thanks!

My kids aren't that little, but they've struggled with vault once we move it up to the table. On advice of a poster here, we turned the Level 3 vault stack sideways and they've been vaulting on that. It has helped SO much. We're going to continue with that for a couple of weeks, but I was just wondering the height difference once we moved up to the table! Thanks!

Maybe ramp up the vault stack slowly. Add 5cm's a week and play with that before hitting the vault table. Maybe even get it over 100cm's, and them vaulting well. Then you can play with the actual table telling them they already can vault higher.

Maybe ramp up the vault stack slowly. Add 5cm's a week and play with that before hitting the vault table. Maybe even get it over 100cm's, and them vaulting well. Then you can play with the actual table telling them they already can vault higher.

Yep, exactly what I was going for. It was an amazing drill. I think a lot of the issues came from being afraid they were going to hit their back on the table. Vaulting over the stack mat eliminated that fear and they are really vaulting well. I appreciate all the advice here! Thanks!

135cm or "7". this is where the men vault.

if this is helpful, when starting at 7 or 135cm, just count down 5cm or 1 number as you go down to the bottom of the piston on AAI.

7=135cm (FIG Men)
6= 130cm
5=125cm (FIG Women)
4=120cm(FIG Women prior to 94 (i think it was)
3=115cm
2=110cm
1=95cm

1 inch=2.54cm if you want to figure out how high each setting is. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back