How much do high school gymnastics coaches make?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i know this is a personal question to answer, if you are a hs coach, but it would really help me out. this is what i am considering as a career, but i cannot find a reliable source to estimate the salary/earnings per hour. thank you for your answers!

In my state, they just get an extra "stipend" to coach for the season (3 months, give or take). This stipend ranges from about 1,500 to 3,000, but then again, the coaches are also contracted teachers!

Highschool sports are generally stipened. They will vary by school - some will be flat, others "stepped" per year of service. Girls seasons are usually longer than boys, so 1-4k for boys, 2-6k for girls. Hardly enough for a sole position.

High school gymnastics in Pennsylvania where I did it was a little different, but all of the coaches I was familiar with had other jobs in addition to coaching HS- teachers, private coaches, that kind of thing. My brother is a high school swim coach so I can ask him about if you would like, but I think most of his money came from teaching and the private club he coached.

In North Carolina, coaching is a "special" activity. Teachers and outside coaches are paid a set amount depending in experience. I want to say it starts at about $1500 per season per activity but there are a lot of other variables involved that could make this different.

I'm guessing this is going to depend on where you live. I know in Illinois, you must be a certified an employed teacher to be a high school coach. It is a stipend position.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back