How to back handspring video.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! you give such great explanations for technique. I already have my back handspring but a found a video that you used to teach a back tuck and it was great. I have a video on my computer of my back tuck that I need to improve, and I had a window open of your back tuck video and I kept pausing both to compare and I could easily see what I need to change. My back tucks have improved immensely because of your videos. Thanks

WOW! you give such great explanations for technique. I already have my back handspring but a found a video that you used to teach a back tuck and it was great. I have a video on my computer of my back tuck that I need to improve, and I had a window open of your back tuck video and I kept pausing both to compare and I could easily see what I need to change. My back tucks have improved immensely because of your videos. Thanks

Wow, thanks so much for the compliment, that means alot :]
I'm so glad it helped your back tuck, if you need anymore help feel free to ask.

Hi,
I just a took a look at your video on youtube and I found it very interesting. I am a 28 year old female trying to learn a BHS for the first time. I can do the correct movements using a barrel but as soon as I switch to a spotted BHS I don't seem to be able to keep the correct upper back arch position. Do you know any drills/conditioning exercises that I could do to work on this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance

This is a pretty old submission so you probably won't get a reply from the OP. How is your shoulder flexibility and your bridges?

I actually don't like the barrel as a good handspring trainer, more often than not it makes you pike the handstand in order to complete the movement, thats not what you want to do in a handspring.

It would be easier if I saw what you were doing, do you have video?

I will try and get a video when classes start back in April. In my gym we mostly use the barrel to learn because we don't have enough spotters. So far I only tried a couple of times with spotters but then my coach sent me back to barrel because I was not arching enough and that made it hard for the spotters to make me land the handspring (being an adult and not super light it is not that easy to spot me :-()

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back